This was Iron Maiden’s 5th studio album, released in September 1984 from their label on EMI in Europe and Capital Records in the USA. This album launched the World Slavery Tour beginning in Warsaw, Poland on August 9th, 1984.
The release has a musical re-telling of Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s The Rime of the Ancient Mariner; the lyrics have the writings of this poem. The song has a length of 13 minutes and 45 seconds! Other notable songs are “2 Minutes to Midnight” and “Ace’s High”.
I have seen Iron Maiden on tour supporting their album “Somewhere in Time” in 1987. This was a great and first concert I’ve been to! The two popular songs from this album are “Wasted Years” and “Stranger in a Strange Land”.
1. Aces High (2015 Remaster)
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight (2015 Remaster)
3. Losfer Words (Big ‘Orra) [2015 Remaster]
4. Flash of the Blade (2015 Remaster)
5. The Duellists (2015 Remaster)
6. Back in the Village (2015 Remaster)
7. Powerslave (2015 Remaster)
8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner (2015 Remaster)